Description and materials
- New, high quality frame manufactured by renowned Singaporean brand Rockman.
- This is a completely new frame, with exclusive tubes that have been designed from scratch in order to reach the highest performance.
- As main update, this frame introduces a new tapered 1 1/8” - 1.5” head tube, which allows the use of a larger bearing at the bottom, increasing its durability and front stiffness.
- The head tube is CNC-machined from one piece, it’s 120mm long and has a 1 1/8” - 1.5” tapered design, featuring spectacular holes that remove unnecessary material and add a nice touch.
- The main tubes have a slightly triangular shape, which helps gain welding surface at the ends, while also increasing resistance against dents and cracks.
- The head tube has a reinforcement gusset at the downtube joint, to ensure maximum strength.
- Features 4-bolt mini bashplate mounts on the bottom bracket shell.
- The seat tube has been replaced by two CNC machined side plates, which allow for considerably increased sideways stiffness and welding surface for the seat stays.
- 68mm wide threaded bottom bracket shell.
- The chain stays are reinforced thanks to a CNC-machined gusset that helps increase stiffness.
- 160mm Post Mount disc brake mounts, CNC machined from one piece and integrated with the left dropout.
- Compatible with 116mm rear hubs and snail cams.
The 7 Compatibility Keys
Below you can find the main details you need to consider when installing different components on this frame:
- 1) Headset. Since the headtube on this frame is tapered, with 1 1/8” top and 1,5” bottom diameters, it’s compatible with 1 1/8” – 1,5” tapered forks. If you’d like to use a standard 1 1/8” diameter fork, you can install an adaptor for the bottom cup, as in the one supplied with Clean’s and OEM’s 1 1/8” – 1,5” tapered headsets, available on our catalogue.
- 2) Bashplate. This frame has 4-bolt bashplate mounts on the bottom bracket shell. This means it’s compatible with Rockman, Clean and those bashplates with the following dimensions:
· Distance between front and rear holes: 38-40mm.
· Lateral distance between holes: 42mm.
- 3) Bottom Bracket. A bottom bracket with standard 1.37x24T thread must be used on this frame, therefore you can install conventional and BB30 threaded BB’s (Try-All, Hashtagg, Bonz, etc.). In order to avoid the cranks from rubbing the seat stays, which may happen due to varying crank offsets for each model, it’s recommended to install a 127,5mm or 128mm wide bottom bracket.
- 4) Rear Brake. This frame has Post Mount rear disc brake mounts, so be sure to use a rear brake of that type. Post Mount brake calipers sit onto the brake mounts, instead of sideways (as is the case on IS calipers).
- 5) Chain tensioner. This frame is designed for use with snail cams. Since the dropouts are spaced at 116mm, the rear hub spacing plus the 2 snail cams must add up to 116mm.
- 6) Rear hub. Since this frame is designed for use with snail cams, the rear hub width plus the 2 snail cams must add up to 116mm. Most 20” rear hubs are 110mm wide, therefore you’ll need 2x 3mm-thick snails cams, in this case.
Also, since this frame only has disc brake mounts, the rear hub must feature disc brake mounts too.
- 7) Fork. The steerer tube on your fork must be long enough so that at least 2mm of it remain above the top bolt of your stem’s steerer tube clamp.
To ensure this, you must add the length of the headtube (120mm for this frame), plus the cups bits that sit outside the headtube, plus the headset spacers (if any) and/or dust cover sitting under the stem, plus the length of your stem’s steerer tube clamp. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be ready to know if your fork is long enough so that at least 2mm of it remain above the top bolt of your stem’s steerer tube clamp.
Geometry (Measured with a fork with 365mm x 40mm offset)
- Space between dropouts: 116mm
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm
- Head tube: Tapered design, 1 1/8’’ – 1,5”, 120mm long
- Wheelbase: 1000mm
- Chain stay length: 350mm
- BB Rise: +95mm
- Head Angle: 72º
- Two options available:
· Anodized black, with yellow Rockman Ash graphics.
· Anodized blue, with yellow Rockman Ash graphics.
This frame comes with a 6-month warranty covering manufacturing and materials defects. Damage incurred from collisions and impacts with obstacles may have a negative effect on the outcome of any guarantee claim.
If you have any doubts, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org .